Pope and Young Board Elections
Pope and Young Club elections are set for early 2012, and positions open for nomination on the Club's Board of Directors are the following:
President, 1st Vice-President and 2nd Vice-President (each are two year terms). These positions are currently held by Roger Atwood, Glenn Hisey and Mark Steffen, respectively.
Two Director positions (each are four-year terms) also stand for election -- currently seated by Andy Carpenter and Jack Frost. The remaining two Directors, Doug Clayton and Tom Nelson, have two years remaining on their current terms.
Associate Members: The Second Vice-President is nominated from, and elected by, the Associate Membership. To qualify to run for this position:
- A nominee must be an Associate Member of the Club in good standing for at least five years.
- A nominee must have attended at least two of the biennial conventions. The nomination procedure is as follows:
Send all nominations, with accompanying profiles and/or platform statements to:
- A written nomination must be submitted to, and received by, the Executive Secretary on or before January 1, 2012.
- Nominations must be accompanied by the signatures of five Associate Members who are co-sponsors for the nominee.
- A brief profile of the nominee and/or a platform statement must accompany the nomination.
Pope and Young Club
PO Box 548
Chatfield, MN 55923
or email to email@example.com. Remember, the Second Vice-President is the representative on the Board of Directors for the Associate Membership and, as such, plays an important role in the governing of our Club.
Regular and Senior Members: Nominations from the membership (for President, 1st VP and the two Director spots) must be received at the Club's office by January 31, 2012, and must be accompanied by the required signatures of five voting members, as well as the candidate's resume/platform.
Nominations should be sent to the Club's headquarters (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 507-867-4144, mail: Pope and Young Club, Box 548, Chatfield, MN 55923). Though January 31st is the ultimate deadline to be included on the election ballot, you are encouraged to get your nominations in early.